Aim of Scheme: To help cover costs of running Windsor Homeless Project, due to steadily increasing number of guests coming to the Project.
Our Aim: Our vision is to get our guests housed and fully supported into a sustainable, fulfilling, settled lifestyle.
Benefits of becoming a Supporter:
- regular news and updates about the Project, including profiles of individual people that the Project has helped/housed
- options to be informed about and attend events related to the Project
What we do: Project staff and volunteers provide a substantial meal, and assistance with finding accommodation but this is just the beginning. Many guests have addiction issues, mental and/or physical health issues and we address all these issues when a guest is ready to take this step. In the last year we have been involved in securing housing for guests, and helping others into temporary accommodation; A number have linked with Resilience (addiction assistance) and more have engaged with mental health services. We work with Driven Forward, the charity that provides transport to help when guests are allocated accommodation and also delivers weekly activities for those who are ready for a new focus and purpose to move forward. We are delighted to report that in 2018/19, 6 guests have either gone into paid employment or long term volunteering. Once guests have gone into accommodation we continue to support them, including help with finding furniture, setting up home, ensuring they receive all benefits they are eligible for, managing finances, and helping them find positive relationships and fulfilling activities, as well as helping them with CV writing and interview skills when appropriate.
What we need from supporters: We need supporters who can commit to donating a specific amount monthly. The following list gives you an idea of what we can do with your donation:
- £3 buys 6 cups of tea
- £4 buys one home-made meal
- £5 buys a pack of clean underpants or socks
- £6 buys a large box of washing powder
- £7 buys 7 bottles of shampoo, shower gel or deodorant
- £8 buys 2 packs of toilet roll
- £9 buys 2 pairs of gloves
- £10 buys a basic mobile phone
- £20 buys a pair of jeans
- £25 buys a pair of trainers
- £35 pays for one hour of 1-2-1 Counselling
To become a supporter please:
- Send us your details by filling out the form below and clicking the Please sign me up as a supporter button
Set up your monthly payment either:
- by PayPal or Virgin Money Giving using the buttons below the form or
- by setting up a regular payment from your own bank account to the WCA Homeless Project bank account – the account details are displayed on the form
|Click here to set up your monthly payments on Virgin Money Giving or PayPal|